Monday, March 9, 2009

I hate college.



(you probably shouldn't watch this video if you enjoy: the absence of misogyny, not feeling icky)

Okay. I don't really hate college. It's pretty okay. But I definitely hate "college." "College" as in: inventing ludicrous new ways to drink shitty beer. As in: constant displays of anxious masculinity. As in: "The best four years of your life." As in - well, see above.

I pretty much avoid the whole idea as much as possible, but now I have to hear it on hip-hop radio? Are you serious?

It seems incredibly fucked up that anyone would celebrate paying thousands and thousands of dollars to do as little as possible, while getting as drunk as possible, for FOUR FREAKIN' YEARS. Especially now.

Incidentally, Asher Roth sucks, and I don't get why anyone thinks he doesn't.

6 comments:

  1. I'll co-lab with you on making a "I hate college track".

    The bar is pretty low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.

    initial reactions:

    1.) I love misogyny! (before watching the video)
    2.) this shit is catchy!
    3.) this is so NOT my college experience (for such a number of reasons. i guess the one (gay) frat party i went to was kind of like that, for the 10 minutes between when i got there and when the cops showed up.) the only line that resonated with me was "i love women." awww yeah.
    4.) my favorite part was the school mascots/furries.
    5.) chugging milk is sooo gross. inherently. even more so than chugging beer. eww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. note the red sox cap in 2:28. represent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.p.s. yah, this song IS really bad. dude has no flow whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, "let's get muffed up?" what does that even mean? i mean, i've got a few ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. last comment, i swear. how's this working for you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzbpPyxJb0c

    ReplyDelete