Monday, February 23, 2009

Ne-Yo - Single (a few months late)



As has already been mentioned, I'm wicked slow when it comes to becoming interested in popular songs. Usually 3-4 years late, although in this case not quite so much; I got on board right after it fell out of heavy rotation on the radio.

What I like about this song is the seriously weird premise, which I didn't catch for a while. Ne-Yo isn't singing to some girl he is dancing with in the club whose boyfriend he is going to be for the duration of one song, he is singing as Ne-Yo, and he is going to be your boyfriend through the MEDIUM of the song. Like, that while you're listening to the song, Ne-Yo's willing to be your boyfriend, wherever he may be. By this logic Ne-Yo is my boyfriend for a few minutes three or four times a day. (Sorry, Jon, it's a really good song.)

He also gave this song to the New Kids on the Block, apparently. This video creeps me out though. They're all like, almost 40 now, but the girl in the video is probably my age. It feels like meeting your friend's dad, and he all kisses your hand and is like "enchanté" and you feel really gross.

Polow's killing it lately, incidentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment